Tuesday, September 1, 2015

[Video] Mixed Media Art Journal Entry | Empty Nest

It's the 1st of September and I'm a video making fool!  I've put it off for so long, it feels good to put my ideas into action.  Anyway, the trees are slowly starting to shed their leaves and you can see a lot of the nests left behind.  Whenever the weather changes I feel so inspired.



A lot of the times the background will get completely covered up.  Sometimes I just have to cover the white page first and then the ideas start to flow.


I have a few fall inspired projects coming up and looking forward to sharing.  What about you?  What do you like about fall?


If you are new to my blog, subscribed to my YT channel or signed up for my newsletter I just want to thank you for spending time with me.  I hope you are inspired by this post and get to do something creative today!


6 comments :

  1. Love the way you paint nests! I must say I don't like the fall at all. For me it's just a prelude to the winter, which is my least favorite season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you! If we could skip over winter that would be fine with me.

      Delete
  2. Great video - it's lovely seeing all those layers build and the pages shift and change... the nests look so good with all those multiple strands of colour weaving together, and your bare tree branches are beautiful. I love the autumnal colours - in the real world and in crafting - but since we've not even really had a summer here in the UK this year, I'm not ready for autumn yet.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I'm glad you liked the video.

      Delete
  3. I love the smell of fall, the crisp cool mornings and the smell of falling leaves but fall brings with it the return of school, the return to work which I dread. This journal page is beautiful and the sentiment is so fitting.

    ReplyDelete