Friday, September 11, 2015

29 Faces #2 | Stargazer


Face #2 didn't happen overnight.  There was actually another girl underneath her who frustrated me so I just smeared over a bunch of gesso.  I wanted her to be some type of galactic princess.  She is painted on a jumbo wooden tag I picked up from Jo-Anns.  


Drawing and painting hair is always my favorite part.  I wanted her to have dreadlocks.  

I used an old flat bristle brush in the following layers; 
dark gray (base)black (in the creases or folds of the hair)  - gray (highlight) - light gray (highlight) - white (highlight).  

Dry brush in the direction of the hair and let each layer dry before adding the next.  You could also use a fan brush like painting grass.  I hope to demonstrate in an upcoming video.


I'm behind on responding to comments but I thank you so much for your support!!!

22 comments :

  1. Fantastic work! Happy PPF and Friday faces, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is out of this world beautiful. I thought at first glimpse is was a photograph. You have done a masterful job......and how wonderful that He has named the stars and carved our names in His hands. Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant and creative ~ she is beautiful!

    Happy Weekend to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lord, she is breathtakingly beautiful - and thanks for sharing your process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I'm so glad you linked your face to kim's site as i would not have found your beautiful art. Love it hugs Debsxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is gorgeous. I love especially her awesome hair and blue and turque colour embellishments thrre.
    Happy PPF ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those eyes are haunting! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Danielle I really love this one!!She is incredibly beautiful and that Psalm is perfect for this piece(peace).

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is really beautiful... Gorgeous colours and those eyes are fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you my friend are incredibly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh she is gorgeous! I mean truly gorgeous.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really beautiful! Amazing work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is beautiful. I can't wait for a video.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing work! Just love her and I love how you made her. Love the theme! Thanks for linking up to Show Your Face and for the shout out too. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful face - she's wonderful.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete