Monday, April 13, 2015

Completed Visual Journal Page - Hummingbird

hummingbird painting art journal

This page from last week is all done.  I remember when I used to draw something and the painting looked nothing like sketch.  I tried to remain calm during the painting process.  Sometimes I panic, so I keep my reference photos close to guide me along.

hummingbird painting

Each painting is like solving a puzzle.  You have to keep trying pieces until they fit.  The more I paint the more I learn about myself and what I like.  I remember being stuck in my cubicle thinking  "I should be outside right now".

hummingbird painting art journal page

When I came to the backside of the tag I had this complex design in mind but it looked forced.  I photographed these flowers on my last walk...it was odd how they were dead while everything else was just blooming.

Well, hope you have a good day!

Linking to Paint Party Friday.

5 comments :

  1. Wow. What a awesome journal page! I love the tag and how you worked it in so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your artwork is absolutely amazing! Your blog is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete