Monday, December 1, 2014

30 Day Painting Challenge - Day 1

Happy December!  I hope everyone had a great holiday, I know I did!  Today is day one of the 30 day painting challenge for me and I wanted start off on the right foot.  You can start anytime you want in any medium of your choosing.  If you would like to see my initial post for the challenge please click here.  The 30 day list will always be in the side bar. 


I have received such positive feedback that I decided to start a Facebook group where we can all post our daily paintings.  Day 28 is missing :( but you can choose whatever you want to do for that day.

I will be posting at the end of each week here on my blog and daily on Facebook.  If you post on Instagram or Twitter use #30daypaintingchallenge so we can find each other.

I'm working in a 5.5 x 8in Strathmore watercolor Visual Journal.  The pages are small and manageable for everyday painting.


You are looking at my 2nd attempt since my first try was not so great.  I'm not going for perfection just progress.  I couldn't sleep last night so I finished about 2am.

TIP: Ultramarine blue and raw umber make a nice black (or shadow color).

If you are joining the challenge please leave me a comment and let me know.  I'm thrilled to have you and good luck!

3 comments :

  1. Loving your gorgeous Pear Danielle. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that pear Danielle, especially the shadow and the umbra background with the collage around !

    ReplyDelete