Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My first Color Inspiration Challenge

I wanted to take on Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenge # 57 and was really excited to see what I could come up with. 


I decided to create a simple blank card that could be used for just about anything.



My background is in painting so I don't have a lot of scrapbooking supplies around.  So, I decided to use gouache which is similar to water color and paint on some watercolor paper.  Besides the paint, I used Scribbles which is just like 3-D glitter paint that made the shoes sparkle.  I imagine this would be a cute card for a party invite or for a friend.






Here is my original sketch.


Thanks for stopping by to take a look.  I had fun painting and coming up with ideas.
~Danielle

7 comments :

  1. This is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how original - I love your shoes and how you've coloured them in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow --you ARE an artist! Wonderful sketch and I loved how you turned it into such a beautiful card. Love the touch of glitter. ;)

    ReplyDelete